June, and beyond: – get in quick, spots are filling fast!
How we can help you with sponsorship?At Barker’s, we love to show our support by assisting numerous charities and community fundraisers with sponsorship each year. We do this in many ways, from providing gift packs for fundraising raffles or spot prizes, to providing products and packs to assist with catering at fundraising food stalls, or at events.download our Barker’s Sponsorship Request Form. Please print, complete then send it back to us (instructions are on the form).
Sponsorship criteriaHow we can help will depend on what your plans are. While we would love to support every one of the worthwhile causes we hear from, we aren’t always able to assist everyone due to demand.
To ensure we support our communities in the most effective way, we have set some guidelines:
- We have a fixed sponsorship quota/allocation available each month. Once this is filled, we cannot accept any further applications for that month, even if the application is received with more than six weeks’ notice.
- We may not be able to sponsor the same charities year-on-year, as we wish to allow others the opportunity to benefit from our sponsorship support and spread our sponsorship love.
- We require a minimum of 6 weeks’ notice prior to the event (towards the end of the year several months’ notice may be required as the quota gets quickly filled). We recommend sending your applications in as early as possible.
- Due to feedback from our customers, we have updated our criteria for offering a Sponsorship and may not accept requests if the content of the event could be contentious. If we decline your request, please don’t take this as a judgement on your event but rather our effort to reflect the broadest range of values and expectations in our community.
- We only support charities and community groups within New Zealand and are not able to sponsor individuals.
- If you meet our criteria but your request is declined, it in no way reflects our view of your charity nor the merit of your good work. It is simply a practical decision we sometimes have to make to ensure that we are able to share our help around between applicants each year. Please don’t hesitate to ask us again the next time you’re fundraising.