- If you wish to make a meat meal, minced beef can be used instead or as well, as the mushroom. Cook before filling the zucchini halves.
- Mozzarella works well as an alternative to feta if required.
- If you choose to use frozen spinach be sure to defrost and squeeze the water off first.
- 3-4 zucchini, medium sized
- a dash of olive oil
- 2 cups button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Barker's Habanero Tomato Relish
- 190g creamy feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- a handful of chives, chopped
BACK TO RECIPES
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Wash zucchini and pat down with a paper towel. Prepare by cutting each zucchini in two and scooping out the flesh and seeds with a spoon. Set aside.
- In a fry pan, heat oil and add mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes until brown. Set aside.
- Fill the hollow halves of each zucchini with a layer of cooked mushroom, fresh spinach, a teaspoon of Habanero Tomato Relish, then top with crumbled feta.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with extra Habanero Tomato Relish, garnish with chopped chives and serve with your favourite green salad