White Chocolate & Dulce De Leche GanachePRINT RECIPE
TIP: for white chocolate ganache, it is best to use as 3:1 ratio chocolate to cream
Recipe & Photo by The Cupcakery
- 600g white chocolate
- 200ml cream
- 20g cold butter, cut into 3 pieces
- 1/2 jar of Barker's Dulce ce Leche
- Salt (optional)
- If white chocolate is from a block, start by chopping or breaking chocolate into individual pieces.
- Blitz chocolate in a food processor until around a third of the size of a standard piece. If chocolate buttons, blitz until around half their normal size.
- Heat cream in a saucepan over stove top, not until boiling, but just enough so that it feels hot to touch.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate pieces (still in the food processor), allow it to sit for about 30 seconds, and proceed to blitz to emulsify.
- Once mixture is smooth add cold butter, piece by piece, while still blitzing.
- Add half a jar of Dulce de Leche to the ganache and process to combine. If you are tempted to add more, be aware that the ganache may not set properly.
- (Optional) At this stage you could also add a little salt, to taste.
- Ensure that everything has been processed and the ganache mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour into a dish and allow to cool and to thicken overnight. The ganache is ready to use when you can scoop it with a spoon while at room temperature.