Vietnamese Noodle SaladPRINT RECIPE
- Even if you are the most reluctant Asian food enthusiast – try this super-simple delicious salad. It is so light, refreshing, easy-to-eat and full of flavour and so easy – 2 cooked chicken fillets can be sliced and added if desired.
- You have flexibility with this salad add the sesame oil and the fresh chilli if desired.
- Salads like this look splendid on large white platters.
- You can add grilled fish, cooked prawns, sliced medium rare beef or chicken to this platter – just drizzle these additions with a little more dressing to make it all sparkle!
- 150g mesclun salad mix
- 3 cups well drained rehydrated rice noodles
- a splash of toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 70g (1/2 cup) cashew nuts, roasted & chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 425g tin mango slices (well drained) or 1 fresh mango, thinly sliced
- a little fresh chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- ½-2/3 cup Barker’s Citrus & Soy Dressing
- fresh coriander, to serve
- Place the washed salad greens onto the platter.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- Toss gently – using more dressing as per your taste.
- Then using tongs place the noddle mix on the salad greens, top with fresh coriander sprigs and serve straight away.