Vegetarian TaginePRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- Looking for a delicious garnish? Try chopped fresh Italian parsley. A dollop of plain, unsweetened yoghurt and some crumbled feta cheese are also excellent additions.
- To spice it up, add 1/2 Tbsp harissa spice blend (or 2 tsp Barker’s Harissa sauce) and 1 cinnamon stick to tagine before placing in the oven.
- If seasonal eggplant and courgette is hard to find, try removing skin and cubing a butternut.
- 600g orange kumara, diced into 1-2cm cubes
- 1 eggplant, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 large courgette, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum, diced into 1cm cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g jar Barker’s NZ Apricot with Chickpea Meal Sauce
- 1/4 cup pitted olives
- 2 Tbsp toasted, sliced almonds
- wholemeal or regular couscous, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Place kumara, eggplant, courgette, capsicum and garlic in a tagine or a casserole dish with a lid.
- Add Barker’s NZ Apricot with Chickpea Meal Sauce and stir to combine.
- Place lid on and bake for 30-40 minutes, until veggies are tender but not mushy.
- Sprinkle olives and almonds over cooked tagine.
- Serve on couscous.