Tuna CouscousPRINT RECIPE
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Recipe & Photo by Julie Legg: www.rediscover.co.nz • Facebook
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup shredded baby chard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1 cup chopped parsley, loosely packed
- 1 cup cubed feta (approx 200g)
- 1/4 cup Barker's Herb & Caper Vinaigrette
- 1 large tuna steak
- 2 Tbsp oil
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 Tbsp orange zest, or lemon zest
- Pour boiling water over couscous. Leave for 3 minutes then fluff couscous with a fork. The water will be absorbed leaving puffed up and moist couscous ready for flavouring.
- In a shallow frying pan, add water and allow to simmer. Add shredded chard (and finely chopped stems) to the water and simmer for several minutes until wilted. Drain water, squeeze out chard. Add cooked chard to couscous along with corn, black beans, parsley and feta.
- Add vinaigrette and combine while. Allow couscous to soak in all the juices while you cook the tuna.
- In the same frying pan, over a high heat, add oil and tuna steak whole, smearing both sizes liberally with orange zest. Sprinkle with salt and cook to your liking. For those wanting a rare steak, sear for a just few minutes on either side. Remove from heat and slice into thin, bite-sized pieces. For those wanting a medium cooked steak, cook more...or cut the whole steak into small pieces from the 'get go' and cook to your liking in the oil and orange zest.
- Add tuna to the couscous.
- Enjoy warm or cold.