Tropical Cheesecake Mousse Filled Easter EggsPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time – 60mins
Cool Time – 2 hours
Recipe and imagery by @amie.milton
- 250 grams cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup thickened cream
- ¼ cup coconut cream (cold is preferred, the cream will thicken)
- ¼ cup icing sugar mixture sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 18 pack Cadbury hunting eggs, room temperature
- approx ½ cup Barker’s Peach, Mango and Passionfruit Fruit Compote
- Whip the cream and cold coconut cream on high in a stand mixer until thickened and stiff peaks form. Careful not to over whip and split the cream.
- In a separate bowl, whip the softened cream cheese and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla bean paste and mix to combine.
- Stir through half of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture using soft folding motions, careful not to knock too much air out of the mixture. Fold through the remaining cream.
- Using a sharp knife cut the tops of the hollow easter eggs off. You can cut the tops off like you would if you are making “dippy eggs” and have the eggs displayed sitting up in an empty egg carton. Or alternatively you can cut the eggs on the seam (where they have been stuck together by Cadbury) and display the eggs lying flat on a tray.
- TIP: Cutting the eggs at room temperature is a lot easier rather than straight from the fridge so keep these out for ease of cutting.
- Using a palette knife (or the flat side of a butter knife if you don’t have one) scoop some of the cheesecake mousse into the easter egg shells and smooth off once filled to the top. Allow to set in the fridge for an hour or 2.
- Once the mousse has set, use the end of a teaspoon to scoop a round circle of mousse out of the shell. This is where you will pipe the “yolk”. I find the end of a teaspoon the perfect sized utensil for this job but you could use a butter knife also, or a small palette knife.
- Place some Barker’sPeach, Mango and Passionfruit Fruit Compote into a piping bag and pipe into the carved hole in your Easter Eggs.
- Chill until ready to serve and enjoy!