Tofu CurryPRINT RECIPE
A tasty vegan curry for the whole family to enjoy, our Tofu Curry can be adapted to include seasonal vegetables, extra or alternative protein, and is delicious served with brown rice and coriander.
You may wish to add alternative protein (chicken, prawns etc) if you wish.
Recipe created for us by Brodie The Hungry Babushka
- 3 tsp mild curry powder
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- sea salt
- 500g firm tofu, cut into 3cm cubes
- 3 Tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp Barker’s Capsicum & Apricot Chutney
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 200g tin tomatoes
- 300ml coconut cream
- brown rice and coriander leaves, to serve
- Combine curry powder and chilli flakes with a pinch of sea salt.
- Add 1/2 of the spice mixture to the tofu and toss well to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add tofu and fry 5-6 mins until golden.
- Add remaining oil, onions, garlic, ginger and mustard seeds, fry 3-4 mins until onion is soft and the mixture is fragrant.
- Add remaining spice mix, chutney, beans, tomato and coconut cream, stir over a medium heat until sauce is thickened and beans are cooked.
- Serve over rice and garnished with coriander.