Tofu CurryPRINT RECIPE
You may wish to add alternative protein (chicken, prawns etc) if you wish.
- 3 tsp mild curry powder
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- sea salt
- 500g firm tofu, cut into 3cm cubes
- 3 Tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp Barker’s Capsicum & Apricot Chutney
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 200g tin tomatoes
- 300ml coconut cream
- brown rice and coriander leaves, to serve
- Combine curry powder and chilli flakes with a pinch of sea salt.
- Add 1/2 of the spice mixture to the tofu and toss well to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add tofu and fry 5-6 mins until golden.
- Add remaining oil, onions, garlic, ginger and mustard seeds, fry 3-4 mins until onion is soft and the mixture is fragrant.
- Add remaining spice mix, chutney, beans, tomato and coconut cream, stir over a medium heat until sauce is thickened and beans are cooked.
- Serve over rice and garnished with coriander.