Teriyaki Vegetable Stir FryPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cauliflower florets, shredded cabbage or a bag of frozen mixed stir fry vegetables can also be substituted.
- For vegetarian protein, pan fry squares of firm tofu and add to the stir fry just before serving.
- Fancy some meat? Diced boneless chicken makes a nice addition to this stir fry. Season with salt and pepper and brown all over in the wok before adding the veggies.
- Kids can lend a helping hand by sprinkling the sesame seeds over the cooked meal!
- 1 Tbsp peanut (or any vegetable) oil
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 red capsicums, sliced into strips
- 1 large brown onion, finely sliced
- 400g can baby corn cuts (or whole corn kernels), drained
- 500g jar Barker’s NZ Honey Teriyaki with Sake Meal Sauce
- rice or noodles, to serve
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan on high. Stir fry broccoli and carrots for 2 minutes.
- Add capsicum, onion and corn and stir fry for a further 3-4 minutes, until veggies are just tender.
- Pour in Barker’s NZ Honey Teriyaki with Sake Meal Sauce and simmer rapidly for 2 minutes.
- Serve stir fry on rice or noodles and sprinkle with sesame seeds.