Teriyaki Chicken KebabsPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Breast, tenderloins, or stir fry pieces can be used if you don’t have chicken thighs.
- Chicken kebabs are also delicious with mashed potato, couscous or a simple green salad.
- Sprinkle kebabs with sesame seeds or extra spring onions for a delicious garnish.
- 800g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2cm pieces
- salt and pepper, to season
- 500g jar Barker’s NZ Honey Teriyaki with Sake Meal Sauce
- 2 x 250g microwave pouches long grain white rice or 2 cups of cooked rice
- 425g can pineapple pieces in syrup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 400g can corn kernels, drained
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted cashews or salted peanuts
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Thread chicken onto metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden, soak them in cold water for 10 minutes first, to help prevent burning).
- Place kebabs in a shallow dish and pour NZ Honey Teriyaki with Sake meal sauce over the top. Cook straight away or leave to marinate for a few hours.
- Heat a barbecue, chargrill pan or large frying pan on medium-high. Add kebabs, together with a drizzle of the marinade and cook, rotating occasionally until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Serve with rice salad or your side of choice.
- Microwave rice according to instructions on the packet. Take 2 tablespoons syrup from the canned pineapple and place in a small jar with the oil and mustard. Shake until well combined.
- Drain can of pineapple and combine pineapple, rice, corn, spring onions, capsicum and cashews in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over the top, season with salt and pepper and mix until well combined.