Sweet & Sticky Meatball SubsPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Keen for an even easier option? Use pre-made meatballs.
- Fancy more veggies? Serve meatball subs with a side of coleslaw.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free panko breadcrumbs and swap rolls for gluten-free wraps or pita breads.
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 600g pork mince
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500g jar Barker’s Easy Sweet’n Sticky Meal Sauce
- 4 long white rolls
- 4-8 slices Colby or cheddar cheese
- 40g baby spinach or salad greens
- Whisk egg and milk together. Stir in breadcrumbs and leave for 2 minutes to soften.
- Add pork mince and garlic powder. Season generously with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix well, then shape heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium-high. Pan fry meatballs until browned all over.
- Pour in Barker’s Easy Sweet’n Sticky Meal Sauce and simmer for 10 minutes, until sauce has reduced a little and meatballs are cooked through.
- Lightly toast the rolls if you prefer them warm. Cut rolls down the centre, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Fill with cheese, spinach, meatballs and sauce. Enjoy!