Summer Vegetable SaladPRINT RECIPE
Created for us by Rhi, In Rhi’s Pantry
- This delicious summer salad can feature any vegetable in season if beetroot isn’t handy. Try roasted parsnip, yam, kumara, pumpkin etc.
- Edible Flowers: for more information about which blooms are edible, how to grow and prepare them, plus more edible flower recipes, READ MORE
- 1/4 orange squash
- 6-8 baby beetroot
- 2 Tbsp Barker's Blackcurrant & Red Onion Jelly
- 1 carrot
- 1 radish
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds only
- 50g feta (optional)
- 3 cups green salad leaves
- edible flowers
- olive oil and seasoning
- In a small bowl, mix together Barker's Blackcurrant & Red Onion Jelly with a dash of olive oil. Brush the baby beetroot with the relish, and roast in the oven at 180ºC until tender, basting with the glaze once halfway through the cooking. At the same time, slice the squash into 2cm thick pieces and roast until tender and golden in colour.
- Slice the radish into thin slices, and use a vegetable peeler to create thin ribbons of carrot.
- To assemble the salad, lay the salad leaves on a platter. Start layering the salad with the roasted squash, baby beetroot, carrot, radish and pomegranate. Sprinkle over the feta, arrange the edible flowers and finish with a generous drizzle of olive and season with salt and pepper. Serve with extra Barker's Blackcurrant & Red Onion Jelly.