Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- 6 baking potatoes, large
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup bacon pieces (optional)
- 25g butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Barker's Harissa Sauce (or your favourite Barker's sauce)
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- spring onions, to serve
- parsley, to serve
- sour cream, to serve
BACK TO RECIPES
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Wash and scrub skin of potatoes. Pat dry and wrap individually in tin foil. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch broccoli florets in a pot of salted boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain. Set aside.
- Pan fry bacon pieces until crispy. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter and saute shallot and garlic for several minutes, until soft. Set aside.
- Carefully remove potatoes from the oven and unwrap (they will be hot). Scoop out a generous cavity from the centre, reserving cooked potato and leaving baked potato skins in tact.
- Mash cooked potato, then add cooked shallot, garlic, broccoli and bacon. Add Harissa Sauce, combine well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mashed potato into the baked potato skins. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place potatoes into an oven dish and bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is golden.
- Remove, serve hot. Garnish with Harissa Sauce, spring onions, sour cream and parsley.