Sticky Pork RibsPRINT RECIPE
Sticky pork ribs are always a crowd-pleaser and our recipe makes it even easier as there’s no need to make the sauce! Perfect to serve with coleslaw on the side at summer BBQ’s, or just make a batch as a starter to get the party going.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 2 ½ hours
Recipe created by Fiona Smith
Imagery by Josie at @yourultimatemenu
- 1kg pork ribs
- 375g Barker’s Tomato BBQ Rib Meal Sauce
- ½ cup water
- Heat the oven to 160°C.
- Place the ribs in a roasting tray and slather them with 200g of the Barker’s Tomato BBQ Meal Sauce, ensuring each rib is well covered with the sauce.
- Pour ½ cup of water into the tray, cover well with tinfoil and cook for 2 hours until tender.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and turn the oven up to 230°C.
- Place the ribs on a grill rack and brush on the remaining 175g of the Barker's Tomato BBQ Rib Meal Sauce then oven bake for 15 minutes.
- Cut the ribs into individual ribs to serve.
When cooking the ribs on a grill rack in step 5, place another tray lined with baking paper underneath to catch any drips and make clean up easy.
Tips and tricks/other usage ideas:
- Slow-cooked ribs can also be barbecued to crisp them up. After you’ve slow-cooked the ribs, cut them into individual ribs and cook on a hot BBQ until they’re crisp and brown. Toss them with the remaining sauce then serve.
- Not a fan of pork? Swap them out for beef short ribs and increase the slow cooking time to 3 hours.