Sticky Oat Caramel SlicePRINT RECIPE
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 200g (room temperature) + 150g butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 bottle Barker's Butterscotch Caramel dessert sauce
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 175°C fan bake and prepare a slice pan lined with baking paper.
- Beat together brown sugar and 200g butter until creamy. Add egg and mix well.
- Sift in flour and baking powder. Combine well into a sticky dough.
- Press the mixture into a the slice pan (wet fingers will help) and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven.
- While the base cools slightly, in a heat proof bowl, melt the 150g butter and stir in golden syrup until well combined. Add coconut and rolled oats.
- Pour Butterscotch Caramel dessert sauce over the base.
- Sprinkle crumble on top, then bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- Chill slice for a few hours before you cut it into squares.