Steamy Lemon PuddingsPRINT RECIPE
- You will need 8 ramekins (half-cup capacity) for this recipe.
- 300g Barker's NZ Squeezed Lemon Curd
- 1 cup flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 100g butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200⁰C.
- Divide NZ Squeezed Lemon Curd evenly over the base of each ramekin.
- Stand ramekins in an ovenproof dish filled with enough warm water to come half-way up the sides of ramekins.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in lemon rind and sugar.
- Cut butter into small pieces and, using your fingertips, rub butter into the flour mixture.
- Beat eggs and milk together, then make a well in the flour mixture and stir in egg mixture to combine and form a batter.
- Pour batter over lemon curd in the ramekins, distributing it evenly.
- Cover the ovenproof dish with foil, leaving room for the mixture in the ramekins to rise.
- Bake at for 40-45 mins. Turn out each pudding onto a serving plate. Top with a dab of whipped cream and fruit if desired.