Spring pea, mint and mozzarella salad with blistered tomatoesPRINT RECIPE
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
The fresh Italian flavours of creamy mozzarella, sweet juicy tomatoes, and peas make for a luscious summer plateful all finished off with Barker’s Italian Style Dressing with Green Olives and Red Wine vinegar.
Recipe created by Gretchen Lowe @myweekendtable
- 1-2 punnets cherry tomatoes
- 400g frozen baby peas
- 300g snow peas (or any peas in a pod)
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 mozzarella balls, torn
- For the tomatoes add olive oil to a heavy pan on high heat. Add the cherry tomatoes and let sit for 2 minutes until they start to blister. Give them a quick stir, turn off the heat, and let them sit for another 2 minutes or so then set aside.
- Cook all the peas in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes until tender. Refresh in cold water and drain.
- Toss Barker’s Italian Style Dressing with peas, mint, and red onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a serving plate with tomatoes and mozzarella. Add extra dressing if you like.