Spiced Eggplant CanapesPRINT RECIPE
- ½ sheet frozen savoury short pastry, defrosted
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 poached or roast chicken breast cut into small dices
- 1 spring onion finely diced
- 1 ½ Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp Barker's Spiced Eggplant Chutney
- fresh mint leaves - optional
- pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Brush pastry with a smear of water then liberally sprinkle with Parmesan, roll up tightly like a Swiss roll. Now slice into thin rounds and press each onto the baking sheet.
- To keep the pastries flat, cover with grease-proof paper and another baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden, allow to cool.
- Mix all the topping ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place a teaspoon of chicken mix onto each pastry base, top with mint and enjoy.