Spiced Blood Orange Old FashionedPRINT RECIPE
Prep time: 5mins
Recipe by Fiona Smith
A warming, spiced cocktail perfect for cosy nights in. Pair our Blood Orange, Lime & Bitters Premium Mixer Soda Syrup with Bourbon, a touch of sparkling water, and garnish with star anise and a cinnamon quill.
- 30ml Barker’s Blood Orange, Lime & Bitters Premium Mixer Soda Syrup
- 30ml Bourbon
- Sparkling or still water
- Ice (we used one large piece per glass)
- Blood orange or navel orange slices
- Garnish: cinnamon quills, star anise
- Add ice and an orange slice to a short glass.
- Add 30ml Barker’s Blood Orange, Lime & Bitters Premium Mixer Soda Syrup and 30ml Bourbon and top with sparkling or still water to taste.
- Add a star anise and cinnamon and give a stir using the quill.
- To rim the glass, mix quarter of a cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon on a saucer. Pour a little blood orange syrup into another saucer. Dip the glasses first in syrup then in cinnamon sugar and set aside to dry for a few minutes.