Slow Cooker Creamy Lentil CurryPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3-6 hours
- Peas help to add a pop of colour but you could also add chopped fresh parsley or coriander.
- Short on time? Swap dried brown lentils for 2 x 400g cans brown lentils in spring water. Saute carrots in a little olive oil until just tender. Add drained lentils and Barker’s Family Coconut Curry Meal Sauce to pan (omit stock). Simmer for 5-10 minutes, then serve.
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 500g jar Barker’s Family Coconut Curry Meal Sauce
- 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- brown rice, to serve
- Place carrots and lentils in a slow cooker.
- Pour in Barker’s Family Coconut Curry Meal Sauce and vegetable stock, stir to combine, place the lid on.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high, or 6 hours on low, until lentils are tender. If sauce gets too thick, add a little more stock or water.
- Pour boiling water over peas, leave for 2 minutes, then drain. Stir most of the peas into the curry, reserving some to place on top when serving.
- Season curry with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on rice.