Slow Cooked Coconut Chicken CurryPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4-8 hours
- Short on time? Swap bone-in chicken for 800g diced boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Brown in pan, then add Barker’s Family Coconut Curry Meal Sauce and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- If you’d like to spice it up, garnish curry with thinly sliced red chilli.
- Find pre-made roti in the freezer section of your local supermarket. They’re easily heated from frozen and great to have on hand to serve with curries.
- No Roti? Toast a flat bread, wrap or a pita pocket in a frying pan and cut into wedges.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1.8kg bone-in chicken pieces (i.e. thighs and drumsticks)
- 500g jar Barker’s Family Coconut Curry Meal Sauce
- green beans, to serve
- rice, to serve
- roti, to serve
- Rub oil over chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high and brown chicken for a couple of minutes each side.
- Transfer chicken to a slow cooker and pour Barker’s Family Coconut Curry Meal Sauce over the top. Place lid on and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours, until chicken is cooked through and very tender.
- Serve curry on rice with green beans and roti on the side.