Sausage BakePRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Garnish with fresh parsley or serve with a handful of rocket.
- Vegetarian? Use vegetarian sausages – alternatively, omit the sausages and replace with slices of haloumi. Bake the veggies for 50 minutes first, then add haloumi and cook for remaining 25 minutes.
- Short on time? Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, add carrots and boil for a further 5 minutes. Meanwhile, gently sauté the celery, onions and garlic in a little of the olive oil. Assemble as per the recipe, but add sausages immediately and cook for just 30 minutes.
- 600g potatoes or kumara, peeled and diced into 1.5cm cubes
- 2 carrots, diced into 1cm cubes
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to season
- 500g jar Barker’s NZ Tomato with Blackbean Meal Sauce
- 8 gluten-free pork sausages
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Place potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle over oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Pour half the Barker’s NZ Tomato with Blackbean Meal Sauce into the base of a large (approximately 25cm square) oven-safe dish. Add the veggies and pour over the remaining sauce. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Arrange sausages on top and bake for a further 45 minutes (rotating the sausages half-way through) until sausages are golden and potatoes are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!