Red Wine JusPRINT RECIPE
Recipe created by Lou at Akaroa Cooking School.
- The beef glaze is not essential but does add an extra beefy flavour. A little salt and extra reducing of the sauce will get similar results.
- Don’t have Redcurrant Jelly? Blackcurrant & Red Onion is a flavoursome substitute
- 500ml beef stock
- 250ml red wine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Barker’s NZ Redcurrant Jelly
- 1 Tbsp beef glaze (optional)
- Heat the stock and red wine until reduced by half.
- Add NZ Redcurrant Jelly and beef glaze and continue to reduce until the sauce is viscous and coats the back of a spoon.
- Taste and add more jelly if a little sweetness is needed.