Raspberry Pastry Cupcakes
- Although tempting, do not overfill the pastry tins with jam. A level teaspoon should be perfect, otherwise it can bubble out of the cupcake while cooking.
- 3 sheets of ready-rolled flaky pastry
- Barker's Raspberries fruit preserve (or your favourite flavour)
- 125g butter
- 125g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
BACK TO RECIPES
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut out small circles of the flaky pastry sheets by using a pastry cutter or pressing down on the rim of a drinking glass and line approx 20 cupcake/patty tins.
- In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy. Beat eggs into the mixture one at a time, alternately adding the sifted flour and baking powder.
- Put one teaspoon of Raspberries fruit preserve on top of each pastry shell.
- Put a large spoonful of the cake mix on top of the jam.
- To decorate, place a small piece of pastry on top. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.