Quince MuffinsPRINT RECIPE
Makes: 12 medium muffins
- If quince paste is a little firm to manage, simply sit the jar in a bowl of warm water, or microwave in short bursts (lid off) until it heats and becomes softer.
- 150g butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup Barker's Quince Paste
- 1 1/2 cups high grade flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 2/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Cream together butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between them.
- Beat in cream fraiche; beat in Quince Paste.
- Place mixture into medium sized greased muffin tins.
- Place 1/4 teaspoon of Quince Paste on top of each muffin and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool in muffin tins.