Quince Cheese Biscuits
- Once cool place into an airtight container and will keep for a week.
- Serve cold with blue cheese and a dollop of Quince Paste.
- If quince paste is a little firm to manage, simply sit the jar in a bowl of warm water, or microwave in short bursts (lid off) until it heats and becomes softer.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp self raising flour
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 125g butter
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 30g crumbled blue vein cheese
- 1/4 cup Barker's Quince Paste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
BACK TO RECIPES
- In a food processor place flour, curry powder and butter (cut into small pieces) and process until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Alternatively use clean fingers to knead butter into dry ingredients.
- Remove from the processor and combine flour mixture and cheeses into a bowl. Mix well.
- Add Quince Paste and lemon juice and mix together to form a ball.
- Roll into a 30cm log. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour (overnight if possible).
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Slice into 3-5cm rounds and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool before serving.