Quince & Apple SquarePRINT RECIPE
- If quince paste is a little firm to manage, simply sit the jar in a bowl of warm water, or microwave in short bursts (lid off) until it heats and becomes softer.
- 1 apple peeled, cored and sliced
- 15g butter, melted
- 160g or 1 sheet of flaky puff pastry
- 4 Tbsp Barker's Quince Paste
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll out, then cut thawed puff pastry sheet into four even squares (approx 11cm x 11cm). Brush around the edges of each square with melted butter.
- Place squares on a lined baking tray. Please 1 tablespoon of Quince Paste in the centre of each square.
- Lay apple slices over the paste evenly and slightly overlapping. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of raw sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with a dollop of cream and extra quince paste to taste.