Pulled Pork Jerk SlidersPRINT RECIPE
Recipe by Sarah Tuck, From The Kitchen
- This recipe is great served with your favourite coleslaw and lashings of Nine Spice Barbecue Jerk Sauce. Great in long rolls, sliders, wraps and as part of a summer barbecue with potato salad and grilled corn on the cob.
- 1 x 1.8 kg pork shoulder, bone in, fat scored
- 1/3 cup Barker’s Nine Spice Barbecue Jerk Sauce
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 500 mls water
- 500 mls apple cider
- Rub flesh side of pork shoulder well with Nine Spice Barbecue Jerk Sauce then refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 240˚C and place sliced onions in the base of a roasting pan.
- Lay pork flesh side down onto onions and brush scored fat with vinegar and sprinkle with sea salt. Pour 1 cup of water into pan – do not let it touch the fat. Cook 30 minutes until skin starts to crackle.
- Remove from oven and pour cider and remaining water around the base of pork (not onto the fat) and cover loosely with tinfoil. Reduce temperature to 150˚C (leave oven door open for a few minutes to drop temperature quickly) and cook 4 hours, topping liquid up with extra water if required.
- Remove tinfoil and cook a further 30 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a serving plate. Slice crackling and pull pork apart with two forks.