Prosciutto with Wilted GreensPRINT RECIPE
- 4 good handfuls of mixed green leaves, such as spinach, rainbow chard, radicchio, witlof, small beetroot leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- splash red wine vinegar
- a good pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, optional
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 small lemon, optional
- If the green leaves are large cut into 2.5cm wide strips. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. When the oil is hot, add the green and toss until wilted. Season with a splash of red wine vinegar, chilli flakes, garlic, if using, salt and pepper.
- Roll the wilted greens in the slices of prosciutto. Roll loosely or roll up completely, cigar-style. If wished, finely grate a little lemon zest over the prosciutto with wilted greens.
- Tip – wilt the greens until just tender. They should keep a good colour too.