Pretty-me-Perfect Bundt CakePRINT RECIPE
Serves: 10 – 12
A bundt cake refers to the pan you use when baking and these circular pans (similar to a ring tin) makes for faster cooking and a creative look.
- Icing sugar can replace the raspberry powder for garnish.
- Check to ensure the cake it cooked by inserting a skewer and when it comes clean it is ready – cooking times vary according to the ovens used.
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk, warm
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp Barker's Rhubarb with Raspberry & Rosehip fruit syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cups flour, sifted (or gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp pistachio nuts, crushed
- 1 Tbsp powdered raspberry (optional)
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup Barker’s Rhubarb with Raspberry & Rosehip fruit syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease bundt pan and set aside.
- Combine eggs and sugar using a stand mixer and whisk until fluffy.
- Gently pour in the milk, fruit syrup, oil, lemon juice and mix. Do this slowly and don’t worry if the mixture curdles slightly.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and baking powder and add to the wet mixture a small amount at a time. Stir gently not to over work the gluten. Use a spatula until combined.
- Pour cake batter into the greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow the cake to rest in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove.