Pear & Quince CrumblePRINT RECIPE
- You can substitute pear for apricots, stewed rhubarb or mixed berries if preferred.
- If you don’t have fresh fruit available, use two tins of preserved fruit pieces
- 5-6 fresh pear, chopped
- ½ cup Barker’s Quince Paste
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup melted butter, or more if required
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To prepare the filling, heat pear and Quince Paste in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir and mix for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the almonds, oatmeal and flour. Process until combined. Add the melted butter and sugar. Process for 5-10 more seconds. Set aside
- Fill each ramekin with pear and quince filling (approx ¾ full).
- Top with a thick layer of crumble mix.
- Place ramekins on baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until crumble starts turning brown.
- Serve warm with your favourite yogurt, creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream.