PBJ Energy BallsPRINT RECIPE
Makes: approx 18
TIP: They keep for weeks in the fridge in an air-tight container and can be frozen too.
Recipe & Photo: Julie @rediscover_nz
- 3 Tbsp Barker's Raspberries fruit preserve
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dates, pitted
- boiling water, to cover
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup wholemeal oats
- On a side plate, spread Raspberries fruit preserves with the back of a spoon. Cover and freeze for approx 2 hours to thicken.
- Soak dates in boiling water for 30 minutes to soften, then drain.
- In a food processor, add dates and almonds. Pulse until finely chopped. Add peanut butter and maple syrup and continue to pulse until smooth. Add oats and pulse until well combined. Ensure all ingredients are well combined by scraping the sides and bottom. Pulse further until all ingredients are smooth.
- Remove jam from the freezer.
- Scoop a tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball. Use thumb to create an indent in the centre. Fill indent with approximately 1/2 tsp of thickened fruit preserve then carefully press the edges over it. Continue to roll in the palm of hands until it's a smooth ball, jam well contained in the centre.