Pawpaw and Avocado Chicken SaladPRINT RECIPE
- This salad is best served at room temperature – slightly warm chicken and freshly grilled bacon.
- If pawpaw is out of season, a can of well drained apricots could be used as an alternative.
- 6 cups cooked chicken meat
- 8 cups salad greens
- 1/2 fresh pawpaw, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large red onion, finely sliced into rings
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 3 rashers, rind removed and cut into strips
- ½ cup Barker’s Apricot & Mustard Dressing
- 1/4 cup freshly toasted pine nuts
- Roast chicken according to the instructions given. Allow the bird to rest while the rest of the salad is quickly prepared.
- Place the washed and prepared salad greens on a large platter.
- Slice or shred your chicken meat. If you choose to slice, make the pieces a manageable portion size.
- Scatter chicken meat, pawpaw, onion rings, avocado and freshly grilled bacon over the platter of salad greens in that order.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and top with pine nuts.