Passionfruit & Lemon SemifreddoPRINT RECIPE
Recipe created by Fresh Factory
Tip: When passionfruit is out of season, use Barker’s Passionfruit Curd diluted with a little water.
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1/3 cup fresh passionfruit pulp
- juice and zest of one lemon
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- 2 passionfruit
- Barker’s Lemon Curd
- 6 store brought meringues
- Line base and sides of an 8x25cm loaf tin with plastic wrap, allowing sides to overhang.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk egg, egg yolks and sugar in a medium heatproof bowl until thick and creamy. While continually whisking, place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk for 5 minutes or until mixture doubles in size. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add half the cream to the egg mixture and gently fold until just combined. Add remaining cream, passionfruit pulp and lemon juice and fold until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight until firm.
- Turn semifreddo out onto a serving platter. Drizzle with the lemon curd, zest, fresh passionfruit pulp and scatter with mint leaves. Serve immediately.