Oven Baked Mushroom RisottoPRINT RECIPE
Serves: 4 as a main, 5-6 as a side
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Try sliced silverbeet greens, shredded spinach leaves or chopped kale as an alternative to baby spinach.
- Swap out arborio rice for basmati, sushi or short grain rice – or pearled barley (if your dietary requirements allow).
- If you don’t have vegetable stock, mix the residual contents of the jar with water to absorb the last of the sauce and season with salt to taste.
- Fancy some meat? This risotto is delicious served with your favourite steak or fold through cooked chicken pieces. You may wish to use chicken or beef stock (instead of vegetable stock).
- 500g jar Barker’s NZ Mushroom & Red Wine Meal Sauce
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 1/3 cups arborio rice
- 2/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese or a sharp tasty cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 100g baby spinach
- fresh parsley or thyme, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Place Barker’s NZ Mushroom & Red Wine Meal Sauce and stock in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Transfer to a Dutch oven (or an oven-proof casserole dish), stir in uncooked rice and cover. Cook for 30-35 minutes, until rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add Parmesan cheese and butter and stir vigorously for a minute, until risotto is creamy.
- Stir in spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top risotto with extra Parmesan and a sprinkle of fresh parsley or thyme, to garnish.