Onion Marmalade Sausage CasserolePRINT RECIPE
- 1 Tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into thick slices
- 12 pork chipolata sausages, halved
- 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2-3 Tbsp Barker's Onion Marmalade
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, washed and cubed
- cooked spiral pasta, to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add celery and carrot and fry for 3-4 minutes until celery is softened. Add to slow cooker.
- Fry sausage pieces 3-5 mins until browned on the outside. Add to slow cooker.
- Add tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, stock cube and 1 cup boiling water to slow cooker. Add onion marmalade and cubed potatoes, season with pepper, cover and slow cook on low for 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, season with salt if necessary. Serve spooned over cooked pasta.