Onion BreadPRINT RECIPE
- This is a bread-maker recipe!
- Delicious served warm if you don’t get to eat it all you can freeze for later.
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil + additional for drizzling
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 1/4 cup white flour
- 3/4 cup linseed flour
- 4 tsp active yeast mixture
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 jar of Barker's Onion Marmalade
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (optional)
- In order add water, oil, salt, sugar, flours, yeast and cumin seeds to your breadmaker.
- Turn on to dough setting (knead and rise for 1.5-2 hours depending on model settings).
- Pre-heat oven to 30°C so it is just warm.
- Take out dough and place on floured board. Cut in half, form two dough rounds and with a rolling pin, roll each out to approx 3cm high (try not to break the air bubbles in the dough in the process). Place dough rounds into separate round baking pans.
- Drizzle olive oil over each dough round and spread gently. Make indentations about 2cm apart over surface with your knuckles.Generously spread Onion Marmalade over each, sprinkle with grated cheese and crumble feta over the top.
- Place pans in the warm oven for 20 minutes to rise.
- Raise oven temperature to 200°C then bake for 10 minutes. Turn the pans then bake another 10 minutes.
- Enjoy warm plain, with butter or your favourite soup.