Nine Spice Whole Roast ChickenPRINT RECIPE
A twist on a classic roast chicken dinner, this recipe adds a delicious barbecue flavour with our Nine Spice Barbecue Jerk Sauce.
- 2kg whole chicken
- 1 bottle of Barker’s Nine Spice Barbecue Jerk Sauce
- 1-2 lemons, sliced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Remove the chicken from fridge and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Rub the skin generously with Nine Spice Barbecue Jerk Sauce.
- Place in the fridge uncovered for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- In a small bowl mix the butter, rosemary and salt together. Spread over chicken, and also inside the cavity.
- Put the lemon slices inside the chicken cavity. Tie the legs with kitchen twine.
- Bake in the oven for 1.5 hrs.
- Part way through cooking, loosely cover with foil to stop chicken from over-browning on top (wings also could benefit from a foil wrap).
- Allow to rest at room temperature before serving.
- Serve with roasted vegetables and gravy if desired.