Mini Apple PiesPRINT RECIPE
- 1 ½ cups of diced Granny Smith apples
- ½ cup Barker’s Chunky NZ Apple Sauce
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 sheets of sweet short pastry
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC.
- In a large mixing bowl toss diced apples, Chunky NZ Apple Sauce and dry ingredients together. Mix well.
- Spray muffin tin with oil, or grease well with a buttered piece of paper towel.
- Roll the pastry thinly and using a cookie cutter, or mouth of a drinking glass, cut out circles to fit the base and sides of a muffin tin mold.
- Lay a circle of pastry in each of the muffin molds and gently press to the edges to secure.
- Fill the pastry cases with the apple mixture. Layer strips of pastry on top for decoration in a lattice pattern.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the pastry is crusty and brown.
- Cool before removing from the muffin tin.
- Dust with nutmeg and serve with vanilla ice cream, cream or yoghurt on the side.