Mexican Vegetarian LasagnePRINT RECIPE
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Make it gluten free: Replace tortillas with gluten-free tortillas.
- Fancy some meat? Add shredded, cooked chicken to the vegetable mixture before assembling the lasagne.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 250g portobello mushrooms, diced
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 1 capsicum (any colour), diced
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, drained
- 500g jar Barker’s NZ Tomato with Blackbean Meal Sauce
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated Colby or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream, to serve
- 1 large avocado, mashed, to serve
- large handful fresh coriander, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Heat oil in a large pot or wok on medium-high. Add mushrooms, courgettes, capsicum, onion and garlic and cook until just tender.
- Stir in corn and Barker’s NZ Tomato with Blackbean Meal Sauce. Simmer rapidly for 5-10 minutes, until sauce has reduced a little.
- Spray a 21-23cm round springform cake tin (approximately the same size as the tortillas) with cooking oil spray.
- Place one tortilla in the base, add a sprinkle of cheese and spread one fifth of the vegetable mixture over the top. Repeat layering four more times, finishing with one tortilla and a sprinkle of cheese for the top layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden and crisp around the edges. Let sit for a few minutes, then carefully remove from tin and slice into wedges.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado and coriander.