Meringues with Poached RaspberriesPRINT RECIPE
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
Recipe was created for us by Sarah, From the Kitchen
- 4 size 7 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Barker’s Squeezed Rhubarb with Raspberry & Rosehip fruit syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup Barker’s Squeezed Rhubarb with Raspberry & Rosehip fruit syrup
- 150ml cream, softly whipped
- Preheat oven to 130˚C and line an oven tray with baking paper. Use a glass to draw 12 x 7cm circles on the paper.
- Beat egg whites in a large clean bowl until soft peaks. Continue beating and gradually add the sugar 2 Tbsp at a time until the egg whites have stiff glossy peaks and the sugar is fully dissolved. To check, rub a tiny bit between your thumb and forefinger, there should be no grittiness.
- Add white vinegar and sift in cornflour. Mix briefly to combine. Fold through Squeezed Rhubarb with Raspberry & Rosehip fruit syrup and spoon onto pre-drawn circles.
- Bake for 1 hour, turn off the oven and leave to cool in the oven. Makes 12 large or 24 small meringues.
- Put raspberries and Squeezed Rhubarb with Raspberry & Rosehip fruit syrup in a small pot.
- Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes then remove to cool.
- To serve place 4 meringues on serving plates and top with whipped cream and poached raspberries.