- 100g butter, softened
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups flour, sifted (or gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup Barker's Raspberries fruit preserve
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
BACK TO RECIPES
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease or line with baking paper a 22cm square cake tin.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the egg yolks and vanilla essence.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder. Place mixture into the prepared cake tin and press out evenly. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Spread the base with Raspberries fruit preserve.
- Beat the egg whites with second measure of sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in coconut and spread over the slice. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.