Lime Syrup CakePRINT RECIPE
- A real winner! Moist and easy to make it is delicious warm from the oven with ice cream for dessert.
- Stores well in an airtight container for several days or freeze.
- Mix 2 Tbsp Barker’s Lime fruit syrup or Squeezed NZ Limes with Elderflower into 1 cup natural yoghurt and serve with the cake.
- Add 1 Tbsp freshly grated lime zest to the sugar syrup topping.
- Short on butter? Replace it with 1 cup light cooking oil.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Butter and flour a 23cm spring form cake tin.
- Place the sugar into food processor and with blades turning slowly add the butter and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time while processing.
- While still processing, add the yoghurt and coconut, then Lime fruit syrup and salt.
- Open the processor, add the flour, replace lid and process only enough to mix in the flour.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until the sides shrink from edge and the centre springs back.
- Remove from oven and brush with the topping.
- Allow to sit in tin for 5 minutes before removing and serving warm with lashings of yoghurt.