Lemon Swiss Roll
- Mixing the filling with whipped cream makes a lighter and easier to spread topping.
- Spreading is easier if you use the back of a spoon, dipped regularly in hot water.
- This recipe can also be used to make a tropical trifle – finely slice the finished product and arrange with the slice facing the outside of the bowl.
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- icing sugar
- 75g Barker's NZ Squeezed Lemon Curd
- whipped cream (optional)
BACK TO RECIPES
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray and line a 25cm x 35cm sponge roll tin.
- Beat sugar and eggs until thick, pale and creamy.
- Sift flour and baking powder - fold into egg mixture.
- Gently spread mixture in tin and bake for 5 minutes or until sponge is a light golden colour and comes away from the sides of the tin.
- Dust a fresh sheet of paper or tea towel with icing sugar and turn sponge out. Allow to cool completely.
- Spread the sponge with NZ Squeezed Lemon Curd (and whipped cream if desired) and roll up. (Be careful not to overload the sponge as it will become heavy and messy).