Lemon and Raspberry Hot Cross Bun PuddingPRINT RECIPE
Prep Time – 40mins
Cook Time – 40mins
This Lemon and Raspberry Hot Cross Bun Pudding has layers of deliciousness, including our NZ Squeezed Lemon Curd, hot custard, flaked almonds, raspberries and cream. This dish is a must try this Easter.
Recipe and imagery by @amie.milton
- 4 hot cross buns
- approx 300 grams Barker's Lemon Curd
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds
- 300ml cream
- 150ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbs brown sugar
- butter for greasing the dish
- Butter a small square baking dish approx 19cm that fits 4 hot cross buns quite snugly.
- Cut each hot cross bun into 3 slices. Layer the first slice of each hot cross bun into the buttered dish and spread a generous serving of Barker's Lemon Curd on top. Layer 1/3 of the raspberries and flaked almonds on top of the curd and repeat with the next layer.
- Place the last layer of the hot cross buns on top and sprinkle the remaining almonds and raspberries on top.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla together in a small bowl. Pour over the buns and stand at room temperature for 30 mins for the custard to soak in.
- Preheat the oven to 160 Degrees Celcius. Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden and the custard set. Stand for 5-10 minutes before serving and serve with ice cream or custard.