Lemon & oregano lamb meatballs on whipped ricotta tzatziki & herbsPRINT RECIPE
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15
These tender Greek-inspired meatballs on zesty ricotta are taken to the next level with Barker’s Black Olive & Sundried Tomato Greek Style Dressing.
Recipe created by Gretchen Lowe @myweekendtable
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 800g lamb mince
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- Zest of a lemon (save juice for Tzatziki)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup Olive oil, for frying
Whipped Ricotta Tzatziki
- 500g fresh ricotta cheese
- Juice of a lemon
2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ a cucumber, ribboned or finely sliced
- 3 cups soft herbs/greens (e.g. parsley, mint, rocket, basil)
- Heat oven to 180C
- Pour milk over bread and let it stand until the liquid has absorbed.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and form meat into approx 20 or so golf ball-sized meatballs. They’re great to make ahead.
- In a large oven-proof pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sear the meatballs in batches until browned all over, then transfer to the oven to cook through, about 15 minutes.
- While they're cooking whip the ricotta, lemon juice, garlic and salt with an electric mixer for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Smear ricotta on a plate and top with meatballs, cucumber, herbs and Barker’s Greek Style Dressing. Serve with flatbreads if you wish
Option: Serve with flatbread