Lemon & Lime SyllabubPRINT RECIPE
Syllabub is a traditional English dessert, popular from the 16th to 19th Century.
- 500ml double cream
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 75g icing sugar
- 50g gingernut biscuits (about 5)
- 1/4 cup Barker’s Lemon Curd
- Pour cream into a large bowl and sift in icing sugar. Lightly whisk to combine.
- Grate in zest of both lemon and lime and squeeze in their juices (strain through sieve to avoid any pips).
- Whisk cream until it just begins to reach stiff peaks.
- Lightly crush 4 biscuits with your fingers and divide into bottom of serving glasses. Reserve the fifth biscuit for the garnish.
- Lightly fold in lemon curd to syllabub mixture then spoon into glasses.
- If you have time at this stage, you can refrigerate the syllabubs for a couple of minutes to help them set.
- Use a grater to finely grate over the remaining biscuit and serve.