Lemon Curd LoafPRINT RECIPE
Image by: Annie Spratt on Unsplash
- If you want to serve the loaf for dessert you could pour some lemon syrup over the top while it is still warm and let it soak in. Simply mix Barker’s NZ Squeezed Lemon Curd with some boiling water. Delicious!
- Another great dessert idea is to serve the loaf with a small bowl of Barker’s NZ Squeezed Lemon Curd into which a little yoghurt has been stirred.
Lemon Curd Loaf
- Beat the Olivani and caster sugar together well.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sift the flour and stir in.
- Add NZ Squeezed Lemon Curd and stir again.
- Scoop the mix into 2 small loaf tins or one large one (lined with baking paper).
- Bake the 2 small loaf tins for 30 minutes at 180°C until they are well risen and golden brown. A larger loaf tin may take up to 40-45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat together the icing sugar and butter with an electric whisk or food processor until light and creamy.
- Take your Barker's NZ Squeezed Lemon Curd and fold through the sugar and butter to create a marbled effect.
- Once your Lemon Loaf has cooled, spread the icing on top. Sprinkle with grated lemon zest and decorate with fresh lavender.