Lemon Baked Salmon & GreensPRINT RECIPE
Try our Lemon Baked Salmon & Greens recipe using our Easy Lemon Pepper Meal Sauce. We know salmon is good for us and here’s a lovely way to enjoy it. Even better, the oven does the work for you and, with your salmon nestled on a bed of greens, it will be perfectly cooked through.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Recipe created by Fiona Smith
Imagery by Josie at @yourultimatemenu
- 1 small broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 bunch kale
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned and deboned
- 375g Barker’s Easy Lemon Pepper Meal Sauce
- Olive oil spray, or olive oil to drizzle
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 30 seconds then drain and set aside in a bowl.
- Cut the thick stems from the kale and discard. Tear the kale leaves into pieces and add to the bowl, along with ½ the jar of Barker’s Lemon Pepper Meal Sauce and toss everything together well.
- Spray the base of a roasting tray with olive oil and scatter the greens evenly over the bottom. Alternatively, drizzle olive oil over the tray and spread evenly with a piece of grease proof paper.
- Nestle the salmon pieces among the greens and spoon the remaining Barker’s Easy Lemon Pepper Meal Sauce over the top of the salmon pieces.
- Spray or drizzle with a little more olive oil and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
Tips and tricks/other usage ideas:
- If you like your vegetables more charred, you can remove the salmon to rest for 5 minutes while you put the greens back in the oven and turn the oven up to high. Keep an eye on them as they might get too charred!
- For best results, make sure your oven is pre-heated to 200°C before you put your salmon in. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the salmon fillet, but remember it continues cooking once you’ve removed it from the oven.