Lamb, Roasted Tomato & Green Olive EggsPRINT RECIPE
This Mediterranean inspired dish is perfect as a hearty brunch, lunch or casual dinner. Serve it straight from the frying pan for a rustic style meal.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp crushed chilli, optional
- 250g minced lamb
- 1 tin 400g chopped tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp Barker’s Roasted Tomato & Green Olive Antipasto
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 8 green olives
- 1 tsp sumac, to garnish
- ¼ cup chopped herbs (coriander, parsley, mint) to garnish
- bread to serve
- Combine red onion, vinegar, sugar and salt in a container with a lid and shake together well. Set aside for about 10 minutes, shaking occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium frying pan (large enough to hold 4 cracked eggs) over a medium heat. Add garlic, cumin and chilli if using and cook for a minute.
- Stir in minced lamb and cook for about 5 minutes to brown. Stir in the tomatoes, Roasted Tomato & Green Olive Antipasto, water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, make 4 large egg shaped indentations in the mixture. Crack the eggs into these and dot the olives around.
- Cover and cook for a further 5 minutes until the eggs are done.
- Scatter with sumac and herbs to garnish.
- Serve with bread.